This 10-sermon CD series make a clear teaching of some very popular--and popularly misused--scriptures.
The misuse of scripture for personal benefit is alarming. Christian laymen, pastors, and even seminary scholars are increasingly comfortable twisting scripture to make it mean what they want it to mean and say what they want it to say. This is a perversion of God’s Word for selfish purposes, and has led to so much doctrinal error in the church today. Dr. White is tackling this problem in his latest series, “FactCheck: Correcting Common Errors of Biblical Interpretation.” The series includes 10 sermons, each focusing on a well-known Scripture or doctrinal issue. The series includes:
- Why Proverbs 29:18 shouldn’t be used to promote the “need” for developing a church vision.
- Why Romans 8:28 cannot guarantee that everything is going to turn out wonderfully.
- What “Abundant Life” in John 10:10 really means.
- Why “Judge not, lest you be judgedd” is America’s most misused Bible verse.
- Why “be at peace with all men” (Romans 12:18) does not mean that you should enroll in anger-management classes.
- What 1 Peter 3:21 means when it says that Baptism now “saves you.”
- Why seeking God’s Kingdom first (Matthew 6:33) doesn’t mean you need to have good spiritual priorities, and what it does mean!
- And more!
Ten sermons are included in this download. If you prefer the series on CD, click here.